Meben - 500mg Tablet
Mebendazole Tablets USP 500mg
- The active ingredient of Meben is Mebendazole USP 500mg.
- Mebendazole is a synthetic benzimidazole derivative and highly effective and safe anthelmintic agent used in the treatment of single or mixed gastrointestinal infections.
- Mebendazole interferes with the reproduction and survival of helminths by inhibiting the formation of their cytoplasmic micro tubules, thereby selectively and irreversibly blocking glucose uptake.
- This results in depletion of glycogen stores and leads to reduced formation of ATP required for survival and reproduction of helminths, causing an eventual death of the helminth.
- Pack Size Blister pack of 01 Tablet in a carton (1x20 in box)
- Share on
Meben is useful for the treatment of parasitic worm infections by Enterobius vermicularis (Pin worms), Ascaris lumbricoides (common roundworm), Ancylostoma duodenale (common hookworm), Necator americanus (American hookworm) in single or mixed infection.
Given orally in a single dose of 500mg.
(Do not need to follow special procedure like before or after meal)