Amoxicillin + Clavulanate Pottassium Powder
Asclav is an oral antibiotic combination (co-amoxiclav USP 156.25mg) consisting of the semisynthetic antibiotic Amoxicillin USP 125mg and the beta-lactamase inhibitor Clavulanate Potassium 31.25mg, in each 5ml.
Amoxicillin exerts its bactericidal action by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis. Clavulanic Acid inactivates a wide range of beta-lactam enzymes found in bacteria resistant to penicillins and cephalosporins.
Asclav is the first Sri Lankan manufactured co-amoxiclav brand, assuring the quality and the efficacy to the highest standards.
Asclav is in the form of a dry powder and after reconstitution in water, form an orange flavored suspension. The method of reconstitution of the dry powder is mentioned in English, Sinhalese and Tamil languages.
- Pack Size 100 ml Bottle
- Share on
- Lower Respiratory Infections
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Skin & Skin Structure Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Other Infections such as Dental infections and intra-abdominal infections
*For further information about the indications & contraindications refer the Product Information Slip attached.
Method of Reconstitution:
The dry powder inside the bottle should be reconstituted to form an oral suspension as detailed below:
- Invert the bottle and tap to loosen the powder.
- First add about 60ml of boiled and cooled water to just below the ring mark on the bottle.
- Invert and shake well.
- Top up with water, up to the middle of the bottle ring mark and invert and shake well before oral ingestion.
- Shake well before use.
Store the Reconstituted Suspension in a Refrigerator (2-8˚C) and should be used within 7 days.
Child 1 – 11 months:
0.25ml/kg, every 8 hours, dose doubled in severe infection.
Child 1- 5 years:
0.25ml/kg, every 8 hours, dose doubled in severe infection
*Recommended to take as per the advice of a physician