Astron Limited is a fully Sri Lankan owned company which develops, manufactures, imports and markets quality healthcare products. The company was incorporated in 1956 creating a milestone in the pharmaceutical industry by setting up the first pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in the country.
In 2016 Astron celebrated its 60th year of operations. Over the years the company has progressed to be one of the most reliable healthcare companies in the country, winning respect and admiration of consumers and all other stakeholders.
Astron is committed to the development of the local health care manufacturing industry in Sri Lanka. We therefore take leadership and play an active role in this field.
We work closely with the Sri Lanka Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Association, Sri Lanka Chamber of Pharmaceutical Industries and the Poultry Industry Association. We also work with and participate in activities relating to the healthcare industry with the Ministry of Healthcare and Nutrition, the Ministry of Industrial Development, the Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Universities of Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura, Wayamba and Peredeniya, Medical Professional Associations and other related professional associations.
Astron is a member of the following associations:-
- Sri Lanka Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association - founder member
- Sri Lanka Chamber of Pharmaceutical Industries - founder member
- Sri Lanka Poultry Industry Association
- Ceylon Chamber of Commerce
- Employers Federation of Sri Lanka
- American Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka
- Industrial Association of Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Maldives Bilateral Business Council
- Sri Lanka China Business Council